Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the journey begins...

So, since my first blog didn't work, here we go. Take two.

I don't know about you, but I can people watch for days.People fascinate me.There are so many different styles, personalities, appearances etc., that it makes me wonder, what makes people who they are?Is it the music they listen to?The shows/movies they watch?Or the constant pressures of media and what it is portraying?There has to be something that makes someone dress and act the way they do.Watching people can teach us so much about the pressures of media, simply through what people are wearing.Is their style comparable to a style in a magazine or television show?Teenagers and young adults seem to be the most affected by advertisements and the media because it seems as though they are constantly trying to discover who they really are. Maybe they want to feel like they fit in, or maybe it's just the opposite-maybe they're trying to not fit in and be noticed.I've also noticed that the way people dress can certainly have an impact on how they act toward others. For example, I've dealt with the kind of people who always have their hair, style and makeup perfect and huge rocks on their fingers and have noticed that they seem to think that they whole world revolves around them. Why is that?We have all heard that first impressions are everything, which can range from how they talk/interact to how they dress and therefore, present themselves. So even though I'm not meeting the people that walk by, I'm going to judge them, yes judge them on what my first impressions are and while doing that, desperately try to figure out what factors could influence them in what they wear and how they act and how they appear to be.

No comments: