Monday, October 20, 2008

People, Attitudes, Insecurities.

Thursday, October 16th: You can find so many different kinds of people in Starbucks and it makes me question where they're going with their lives. One man has a grande iced tea and is reading a book while two other guys are in a full fledged conversation about hummers and then there's a couple kissing. It makes me think about their lives and how they came to be the person/people they are now. My sister brought up a great point when she said that if you ever really pay attention to people when they are in a conversation, you can realize that they share similar qualities and seem as though they can relate, whether it be that they both have kids, both have the same job, or share similar interests.
Friday, October 18th: Do you ever notice the way girls sometimes look at other girls? I was at Nubi with my sister tonight and we were just sitting and eating and there were two girls sitting outside and a blonde girl who was dressed really cute with a Ed Hardy hat on walked in and when she walked out the two girls snickered and started talking about her. Meanwhile my sister and I were watching. How naïve of them. My sister turned to me and said 'you should blog about THAT!" And I said okay but what does that say about who people are. Well, she said, that it shows their insecurities...
This got me thinking. That’s SO true! When people gossip about other people it seems as though they either want to fit (because they are insecure) or they, in their mind, want to dress or be like them, but cant. No matter what people say, EVERY one is insecure in their own way. Guys tend to think they aren’t insecure at all, but they are. They may not show it, but the world today has the uncanning ability to fill us with insecurity, consciously or not.
Monday, October 20th: I was talking today with my coworkers about people and their thoughts on how they act. One told me that she notices the difference in people’s apparent personalities when they walk into a store or café and they are talking on their phone while ordering or buying something. When she said that, the other woman added that one of her pet peeves when she was working in a retail store was when she would be ringing someone up and they would be talking on their phone. It was like she was suppose to serve her client or something. Some people can act as though the entire world revolves around that. Why is that? Does that have something to do with insecurity? Dp they feel as though they need to act like they’re better than someone else because they are insecure with who they are?

1 comment:

kaleena said...

I love what you said about gossip as a result of a person's insecurities, but what if the person who walked in happened to be extremely ugly? It's the same in feeling insecure and needing others to help our image right?